Fall Month: Fall Fingerprint Tree

10.10.2013

Isaiah still talks about our bluebonnet painting. So, I decided that another fingerprint painting was in order for Fall Month.

_MG_0276

I quickly prepped the paper the night before, by painting a simple tree trunk and branches. Then the next morning, we broke out the fall colored paints to make our fingerprint leaves.

_MG_0227

It was a great opportunity to learn about warm colors vs. cool colors. (I know, I know, he's only two. But you you'd be amazed at the things he absorbs these days. It's crazy.)

_MG_0238

We even spent some time "researching" on the computer together, looking at fall leaves all over the nation.

Grandma and Grandpa B are in Vermont right now, looking at those very leaves. So Isaiah was particularly interested in scenes from that state.

_MG_0264

And after all of that research, it was time to get to work. I let Isaiah take the lead (since it was his tree, afterall). He wanted to put leaves on the tree AND on the ground. So that we did.

We had a great time painting together. Beautiful day, beautiful weather, beautiful moments. I couldn't love Fall any more.

Oh, and my favorite moment? Isaiah admiring his work and exclaiming..."Look what we did, Mommy! Look what we did!"

Love his heart.

_MG_0100

No comments:

Post a Comment